COLUMBUS, OH – May 9, 2023 -- Beam Benefits, the digitally-led employee benefits company, has been recognized as one of Inc’s Best Workplaces for 2023. It’s the publication’s eighth annual ranking of companies in the private sector.
This year’s Inc. Best Workplaces list is the result of a wide-ranging and comprehensive measurement of American companies that have excelled in creating exceptional workplaces and company culture, whether teams are operating in person or remotely. Beam was selected out of thousands of applicants across the U.S.
Beam works to help small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) build exemplary cultures through employee benefits packages and products that are simple, easy-to-use, and accessible. Its own culture is built upon a foundation of core values around G.R.I.T.T. – growth, resilience, initiative, tenacity, and team-first. These values continue to act as a litmus test and standard for everything Beam and its people do.
- Growth: Every employee has the opportunity to receive equity and equity training - cultivating a community of employees who not only think like owners, but can be one. Beam cofounders also provide monthly business updates to all employees. By giving everyone visibility into the company’s growth and incentives for success, Beam encourages a sense of belonging and shows that hard work today will pay off tomorrow.
- Resilience: Beam uses the Objectives and Key Results (OKR) methodology during annual goal-setting, quarterly performance reviews, biweekly performance conversations, and quarterly check-ins. By outlining areas for improvement on a quantitative basis, Beam promotes transparent feedback and ensures employees bounce back from challenges.
- Initiative: Annually, Beam proactively issues its own engagement survey to track how employees are feeling about their roles and the business. Through these surveys and other ongoing conversations, Beam gives employees the opportunity to influence the direction of the business.
- Tenacity: By hosting weekly company connect meetings and longer monthly all-hands forums, Beam fosters a sense of purpose through employee engagement. Employees get a front-row seat to see how their contributions impact the business overall.
- Team-First: Through a variety of ongoing programming, Beam features learning opportunities from different areas of the business, shares wellness and professional development content, and highlights side hobbies of its employees. Beam also covers 100% of employees’ dental and vision benefits, pays 99% of health insurance premiums, and provides a desk budget and annual learning stipend.
“Culture can be difficult to articulate, especially when much of your company is remote or hybrid. That’s why we devote 80 percent of our weekly all-company meetings to talking about how culture manifests in the business,” said Alex Frommeyer, CEO and co-founder of Beam. “Beamers, including me, share real stories about how they exemplified one of Beam’s core values, and stories about how they didn’t. This approach continues to be highly effective for keeping our culture intact, especially as our people work from anywhere.”
Beam’s simple and smart approach to employee benefits has led to exponential growth year-over-year, with a 60% increase in revenue and now having over half a million policies in force. Thousands of employers across the country continue to look to Beam to make their employees’ lives healthier, happier, and more financially sound.
About Beam Benefits
Beam Benefits is a digitally-led employee benefits company that offers dental, vision, life, disability, and supplemental health coverage. The company simplifies and modernizes the $100+ billion ancillary benefits industry through its intuitive online platform, self-service tools, AI-powered underwriting, and thoughtful coverage for improved overall wellness. Its Beam Perks™ program offers incentives to members and rewards them for healthy behaviors. Beam has raised over $160 million in funding and is available in 44 states across the U.S. Learn more at beambenefits.com.